Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Marks & Strokes:the conclusions

Today I wanted to talk about the conclusions I formed from experimenting with different tools. Some months ago I began doing a few small things which lead me to this Marks & Strokes process and my sketch book was one of the main avenues that helped me figure out some things. Experimenting, trying new ways of approaching a subject has always been really important me. It has paid off numerous times by expanding my knowledge, forcing me to dig deeper and improving my skills.



A few examples from my Small Ideas sketch book project last year and the experimenting of one panel stories using different mediums.


During this project I removed all the critical voices in my head, making the journey of discovery more surprising and refreshing. What was I trying to accomplish? I wasn't sure, it just felt like something I needed to do. But I did notice my approach to my drawing and writing shifting and transforming. To realise some of the answers I was seeking were in me all the time gave me a sense of peace. I think this experiment made me go back to some things I knew before in order for me to move forward. This is a process I can see myself revisiting again as I don't believe my learning stops here. It has opened up my heart and my mind to possibilities in my storytelling. I'm excited to see where it will all take me.

A new approach: this image was created using a stick and brush.


No comments:

Post a Comment