Thursday, September 24, 2015

Projects - Baby Steps

Today I was thinking about all the projects on my blog, those I've taken to a complete stage and the ones I continue to develop. Some of them have overlapped (ideas, themes, characters etc.) pouring into each other the 'juice' needed to keep them going, to keep me going. To keep away boredom and burnout. With each story I've committed myself to I've learnt so much about myself. My voice is clearer inside in my head, I know what I want to say and what those words and pictures are going to look like.

I've been taking baby steps, pacing myself, enjoying the process. Making each day I learn something new count as a day of great progress. It's going to take some time (I'm very patient) for all my projects to be completed. There are going to be setbacks and I've encountered many already. Learning to manage them have brought me renewed energy and strength to keep me from giving up. So, if you're thinking about getting into comics or you're in it already. Take some baby steps when things feel difficult. It's the only way!


No comments:

Post a Comment